Thursday, January 24, 2008

Community

Community
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

For other uses, see Community (disambiguation).
A community is a social group of organisms sharing an environment, normally with shared interests. In human communities, intent, belief, resources, preferences, needs, risks and a number of other conditions may be present and common, affecting the identity of the participants and their degree of cohesiveness.
The word community is derived from the Latin communitas (meaning the same), which is in turn derived from communis, which means "common, public, shared by all or many"[1]. Communis comes from a combination of the Latin prefix con- (which means "together") and the word munis (which has to do with performing services).


For Those of you who know me personally you know that community is a term and idea that makes me light up. Gets me excited and is at the heart of who I am.
I have been blessed amazing with a group of guys to journey with. Guys who seem/appear to be wanting to care for each other. Its awesome. I'm excited to be part of their journey and to have them be part of mine.
With my seminary classes I have had it reinforced (not that I didn't already know it) that community and relationship is important. Even thought my current evangelism class is pushing us to share our faith with people we encounter, I am reminded of the important of a relationship and getting new believers connected to the body.
It is important that as the body of Christ we welcome people into our lives. We accept them as they are, sinners loved by the Savior. In community we need to remeber that our past mistakes and bad choices make us who we are. We need to be accepting, loving, and willing to challenge each other to grow.
I seek to walk the walk, and live the life in community.
~tfkr

No comments: